At last, here’s your excuse to catch up. Introducing Let’s Bring Back: The Cocktail Edition, a compendium of long-forgotten libations due for a revival. Culled from ancient times through the 1960s, these delectable vintage cocktails are by turns fizzy and silken, sweet and tart, lethal and prim. Some of them are absurd, several are sentimental, while others are outright scandalous. They include:
* Angel’s Tit – Guaranteed to shock goody-goodies
* Du Barry - To get your mistress into the mood
* Green-Eyed Monster - To serve to frenemies
* Hanky Panky – A vintage aphrodisiac
* Kill Devil Punch – A helpful aid in home exorcisms
* Monkey Gland – An unlikely fountain of youth
* Runt’s Ambition – Serve to men with Napoleon Complex
Throughout this illustrated tome, Ms. Blume divulges colorful cocktail history and barroom wisdom alongside one hundred and forty-four recipes that will delight aperitif aficionados for years to come. Whether you’re toasting to an unexpected windfall, treating a malediction, or simply need an occasion to let your hair down, Let’s Bring Back: The Cocktail Edition has the concoction for you.
CLICK HERE TO BUY Let’s Bring Back: The Cocktail Edition, and visit the Let’s Bring Back: The Cocktail Edition Tumblr here.
“Let’s Bring Back: The Cocktail Edition is such good reading—it’s a mix of cocktail lore, recipes, anecdotes, and quotations—that even a teetotaler would enjoy it.”
- The Paris Review
“Prepare to get punch-drunk.”
- Daily Candy